How we are regulated
At Phew, high quality and safety standards that focus on meeting the needs of the people we support as paramount.
The social care we provide to people with learning disabilities is regulated by the Care Quality Commission (CQC) www.carecommission.com.
In line with this, we meet a strict set of standards, which relate to:
- Involving people in decisions about their care, and ensuring they have the right information
- Ensuring our guests are respected
- Providing personalised care, treatment and support which meets our guests’ needs
- Ensuring our guests’ are safe
- Ensuring the right staff are providing support
- Ensuring services are good quality and are managed and modified effectively
- Ensuring the right people are managing services
We meet these standards by:
- Employing staff with the right skills and qualities, who have undergone the appropriate checks
- Where possible, involving people we support in finding the right staff for them
- Ensuring staff are fully trained to support people safely and effectively
- Supporting staff to work effectively with the people using our services, their families and health professionals
- Providing staff with a detailed quality and safety standards they need to adhere to
- Having effective quality and safety monitoring and checking processes in place
- Working with the people we support to develop personalised support plans that meet their individual needs
- Holding regular meetings and including the families/carers of the people we support to keep them up to date with what’s happening in Phew, and to involve them in deciding how we’re run and how services are delivered.