Relief Care Officer
Hours - To be discussed
Salary - £9.30 per hour
Closing Date - Ongoing (as from Nov 25th 2020)
- Assisting service users with day to day activities and personal care such as washing, personal hygiene, dressing and feeding.
- Providing physical and mental stimulation by taking part in recreational and social activities with guests, both individually and as a group.
- To ensure the ethos of choice and flexibility through the process of information and communication.
- To promote high standards of care relating to the users of the service.
- To be familiar with and ensure all aspects of an individual's care plan is implemented and updated as necessary.
- Understand the needs of the client group and service provided by the organisation.
Filing, Administration duties, Health and Safety, Report Writing, General Housekeeping and Care Tasks.
- Participate in the operation of "key worker" system.
- Promote within the service all means of effective communication.
- To be aware and work within all organisational policy guidelines.
To prepare and file written work as required timeously and to a high standard.
- To help promote positive aspects of team working.
- To promote anti-discriminatory practice and organisational values in all working practice.
- To undertake work as determined by the Manager or other senior nominated persons in respect of exigencies of the service.
- To ensure attendance at approved/nominated training courses outlined by the care standards and up-to-date training covering the Autistic Spectrum Disorder.
- Must be 18+ as providing personal care.
- Personable and have a genuine care for others.
- Flexible availability.
- Good communication skills.
All positions are subject to Criminal Records Disclosure and references.
This is an extremely rewarding and fulfilling position for the right candidate. If you feel you have the right skills and attitude to join our winning team then please send your CV or request an application form from email@example.com or call 01698 404051.
Phew Short Break Centre is committed to promoting equality of opportunity in recruitment, employment, continuity, training and career development. We consistently strive to weave diversity into the fabric of everything we do. It is of utmost importance that we are able to create an environment that respects, welcomes and enables staff to reach their full potential.